Building & Safety
- Accepting permit applications for residential and commercial building projects
- Conducting building plan reviews
- Conducting site and building inspections
- Ensuring compliance with building codes
- Issuing building permits
Forms, Fees & Submittal Requirements
Building permit applications can be obtained from the Building Department or may be downloaded (PDF). Building permit fees (PDF) are based on the value of the proposed improvements and are due at the time the permit is issued. Projects requiring plan review will be subject to an application fee of 50 percent of the estimated permit fee based on the valuation of the project by the Building Official.
Building permit extension requires the submittal of a building permit extension form. To facilitate permit issuance, review the submittal requirements for Tenant Improvements and Building Permits prior to submittal (PDF).
The Building Department conducts building inspections Mondays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Requests for inspections must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Inspection requests can be made over the counter, by phone at 707-459-7112, or by email at email@example.com.
The Building Inspector's office hours are Mondays and Thursdays 9 a.m to 10 a.m.
Department Location: 111 E. Commercial Street Willits, CA 95490
- Application for Water Meter Installation (PDF)
- Authorization to Duplicate and Release Construction Documents (PDF)
- Building Permit Application for Additions-Alterations (PDF)
- Building Permit Application for New Construction (PDF)
- Building Permit Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Construction and Demolition Waste Recycling Plan (PDF)